Check back soon to find more details about applying for our 2024 scholarship opportunities.
Scholarship winners will be announced via email and our website April 2024.
2024 Scholarship Criteria
The Aviation Council of Alabama would like to encourage high school and college aged students in the State of Alabama to develop careers in aviation. To provide resources for this, the Council is offering four (4) scholarships valued at $1,500 each to four (4) high school seniors or currently enrolled college students who have demonstrated an aptitude for and have an interest in pursuing or are currently pursuing an aviation related degree at an accredited college or university. Applicants are asked to submit a brief 250-word essay describing their goals, achievements thus far and need for financial assistance for the selection committee’s review. Please note that an applicant’s ACA membership will not be used as criteria in the scholarship selection process. Additional scholarship application requirements are as listed below. The Buzz Sawyer Memorial Scholarship is for those pursuing a career as a pilot. The Fred Sington Jr. Memorial scholarship is for Aviation Management. The Jim Johnson Memorial scholarship is for Maintenance Students (A&P). The Col. Roosevelt Lewis scholarship is intended for underrepresented demographics in aviation.
2023 Award Winners
Deadline to apply: March 31, 2024
All applications must include
Other Scholarship Opportunities
- Aircraft Electronics Association (AEA)
- Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association (AOPA)
- AV Scholars– Free Scholarship Database
- Experimental Aircraft Association (EAA)
- Global Air Aviation Scholarships
- National Air Transportation Association (NATA)
- National Business Aviation Association (NBAA)
- Organization of Black Aerospace Professionals (OBAP)
- Professional Aviation Maintenance Association (PAMA)
- The Southeast Chapter of the American Association of Airport Executives (SEC-AAAE)
- University Aviation Association (UAA)